Friday, August 27, 2010

Awesome August Contest Entry #3

This entry comes from my best friend Talia, who I'm pretty sure submitted something because she felt bad that I only had two entries to my contest... HINT.  Anyway, here it is!

This is from I Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space, issue 1 (2006?). It was originally a web comic, but I bought all of the issues when they were released in print. This is one of the first series that I subscribed to. This particular panel exemplifies why I became interested in comics. I didn't start reading them until a few years ago, mostly because I thought they were all superhero spooge. I am not interested in the Marvel universe, the DC universe, or zombie spin-offs of characters whose story lines have already been beaten to death and reanimated multiple times. Lesbian Pirates does not have fancy art, or a perfectly well-thought out storyline, but it is completely original and entertaining, and what do you really need besides that?
-Talia



And people think there isn't a comic book out there for them!

If you want to win a sweet set of comic trade paperbacks there's still time to enter the contest!

No comments: