Friday, June 18, 2010

Awkward Praise for Secret Warriors #15

Well congratulations, Jonathan Hickman and Stefano Caselli. I've never been more turned on and simultaneously disgusted by a comic book portrayal of a woman.


Joking aside, Jonathan Hickman is one of my favorite writers and artists (he is mindblowingly awesome at both). Stefano Caselli is my all time favorite comic book artist. He's the first artist that really made me say "Damn, this art is amazing" while I was reading a comic book. When I feel I have some cash to blow I hope to get a Caselli commission. As you can see from the above he is an amazing artist, but where he really shines is facial expressions. Absolutely outstanding.

If you're not reading Secret Warriors you should consider picking it up. It really is great, especially after Bendis left the book... although it appears Caselli is no longer on art duties. It's still solid writing though.

No comments: