Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Invisibility or Flight?

I stumbled across this today. Back in 2001, John Hodgman did a bit for "This American Life" in an episode about superpowers. He went to bars and posed the question "If you could have a superpower, which would you choose: flight or invisibility." His conclusions are pretty interesting.

You can listen to the episode streaming (just click on the speaker icon on the left). You can go right to his segment if you skip the first 6 minutes. His bit is about 13 minutes long.

I'll just come out and say it. Invisibility.

I might fight a little crime, but probably not all that much.

What one guy that is interviewed says about flight reminds me of something Nathan said on Heroes, "What am I supposed to do when I get there? I don't have a badge, I don't have a gun."

No comments: