Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sketchbook Page - Scott Derby

For general info about my convention sketchbook's theme, click here.


This is another in a set of sketches I picked up at the 2010 Baltimore Comic-Con.  While walking around Artist Alley at the Con I came across Scott Derby's table.  Scott was selling these neat 3x5 inch print cards that featured cartoony versions of movie and comic book characters, as well as these awesome stylized classic movie posters.  One of the print cards was of Shaun from Shaun of the Dead.  I then noticed that he had a sign up for $10 sketches.  I told him his Shaun was awesome and inquired about getting a sketch.  I explained the sketchbook theme and broke one of my rules: I specifically requested Shaun.  Scott seemed really excited to do the sketch and asked for an hour.  What I saw when I got back blew me away.



I'm going to just come out and say it: this is my favorite. Out of all the sketches I've gotten, this one is my favorite based on it's sheer Awesomeness. And yes, I ended up getting one of the Shaun print cards too. Thank you so much for this awesome sketch, Scott! I hope to see you at Baltimore next year to get another sketch!

Check out Scott Derby's site at http://scottderby.blogspot.com/

No comments: