Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hawkeye Sayz: S.H.I.E.L.D. #1


Welcome back for another installment of Hawkeye Sayz, where Mini-Hawkeye provides short, spoiler-free reviews of recent comics that he swipes from my read pile. Today he'll be reviewing the much hyped S.H.I.E.L.D. #1.


This is Hickman doing what he does best: telling epic stories that not only leave you anxious to discover all you can about this world, but also stories that are compelling in single issue format. Indeed, Hickman is a master at making every page of a story compelling in the here and now, while simultaneously presenting you with bits of (in this case) a century spanning epic storyline. I was really excited about this book when it was announced, and I was not disappointed AT ALL! Major accolades must go to Weaver's art as well. Absolutely amazing. I found myself lost in the detail and beauty of every page. This comic would be a bargain at twice the cover price! Lets see what Hawkeye Sayz.


If you're interested in a (slightly) more spoilery review, the CBR review seems to be the most popular one floating around right now. The reviewer has basically the same opinion as Hawkeye and me concerning this book.

GO BUY THIS NOW!!!

No comments: