Sunday, March 28, 2010

What Does Iron Man #211 Have?

Iron Man v1 #211 (1986) has so many awesome things in it! It has liberating portrayals of women, questionable methods for advancing a plot, and good solid advice about accepting Iron Man's help! It also has a great technicolor cover!


But wait, there's more! It also has this awesome face that the Living Laser makes!


That's not all! Perhaps the most amazing thing in the entire issue is the preponderance of frequent and often awkward segue boxes! They challenge me to alt-text them all in snarky ways!





























Fourteen! Fourteen segue boxes in 22 story pages! That's an average of one every 0.6 pages! WOW!

I will say this: I had a better sense of time reading this issue's story than I have for almost any other comic I've ever read. Also, I rolled my eyes a lot more.

Mission Accomplished?

No comments: