Thursday, February 25, 2010

Iron Man Versus, Part 54

Welcome to yet another installment of "Iron Man Versus", where I show you how the Golden Avenger, and his recovering alcoholic alter ego, Tony Stark, deals with some of his more circuitous problems.

Man, it sure has been a while since I've done one of these! Sorry about that! What do you say we get back into the swing of things with one of my favorite Iron Man scenes ever? This delightful segment comes courtesy of Iron Man v1 #188 (1984), which is part of the fantastic Obadiah Stane arc which ran from Iron Man v1 #163-200.

I hope you enjoy this piece I like to call Iron Man vs. Circuit Design!



One of the reasons I love this bit is that it is a very simple way of conveying just how brilliant Tony Stark is. The idea that he could do in two minutes, on the back of a napkin, what their company was given a month to do is an obviously practical demonstration of his intelligence that goes beyond typical comic book examples of intellect (like technobabble).

No comments: