Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Iron Man Versus, Part 9

Welcome to yet another installment of "Iron Man Versus", where I show you how truly invincible the "Invincible Iron Man" can be! Today we have a very special selection for a very special lady. My wife, Liz, said to me last night, "Why don't you use any NEW issues of Iron Man? You only post the old stuff." Now the reason for that is that I'm currently working my way through every issue of Iron Man, having started at Tales of Suspense #39 (1963), and I clip segments when I come to them, put them in a big folder, and pull them out basically randomly. But far be it from me to want you to think Iron Man only fought people way back in the day!

Ponder my wife's question, I did. I finally decided to use a fight from the very first issue of Iron Man I read when I got back into comics back in 2006 (seemed appropriate). Iron Man had just been enhanced by the Extremis "virus", giving him an advanced healing factor (not anywhere as good as Wolverine's, but still) as well as the ability to communicate with computers via wireless networks. This integrated him fully with the Iron Man armor, blurring the line between man and machine. In this selection from Iron Man v4 #7 (2006), we see just how far he has come thanks to his new powers.

So without further explanation, I proudly present, Extremis enhanced Iron Man vs. The Crimson Dynamo!

(Click images to enlarge.)



I hope you all (especially Liz) enjoyed that one! I know I did!

No comments: