Thursday, May 14, 2009

Local Heroes Comics in Norfolk, VA

This last weekend Liz and I went to Norfolk Virginia to visit family. As has become custom, whenever Liz and I go to a place I go to a local comic shop; she actually encourages this, which is one of the many reasons I love her so much!! I went to a super awesome comic book shop that just opened in December called "Local Heroes". The place is so great that I wanted to write about it here in the hopes that it would get an extra (tiny) boost from Google from anyone searching "Norfolk comic book stores".

I don't want to launch into a rant about how great the place is, but I have to say that the layout of the store impressed me a lot. Unusually well designed for a comic book shop. The pictures on their website show more than I could say. Of course, a nice looking store doesn't mean much if the selection blows, but I assure you the selection on the shelves was top notch. Lots of excellent small press and a wide selection of mainstream as well. I also met the owner who is really friendly and a joy to talk to.

I encourage you to stop by if you are visiting the area. I must point out that I saw on their website that military get 15% discount and they provide FREE shipping to any overseas military address for subscription (pull list) customers. Great store, I just wish I could shop there every week!

No comments: