Friday, July 27, 2007

Fox Bunny Funny

I have a graphic novel that I think everyone should read. It is called "Fox Bunny Funny" by Andy Hartzell. First off, it's not funny (despite the title). It's very serious. Secondly, it is a very impressive graphic novel for many reasons, one of them being that there are no words. The story is conveyed entirely by the pictures and the clarity of the story is amazing. The complete lack of words gives it a kind of eerie feel and seriousness.

What is it about? Being the outsider. Being a non-conformist. I don't mean the "rebel without a cause" non-conformist. I mean the non-conformist because they naturally conform to a state that society says is "wrong" in one way or another. The story can be read many ways on many levels, some obvious, some not so obvious.

Put simply, the book is amazing. It is by far my favorite graphic novel. It's $8 on Amazon. Buy it.

No comments: