Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Big News For Me

I got some big news a week or so ago. I met with my research adviser and he thinks I can be done my PhD in 1-1.5 years. I was hoping that I'd be done by next December (2008), and it turns out he thinks I can be done by then, if not sooner. It's pretty exciting to have a good idea when I'll be done.

He suggested I start looking for jobs in January. That's a pretty scary concept in and of itself! I'm going to try government labs like ARL, AFOSR, Livermore, etc. ARL is where my collaborators are and where my current funding comes from. They are my first choice right now; Aberdeen sounds a lot like the type of place I'd like to live (it's remote).

To those wondering, my thesis topic is developing a complete computer model for the plasma-propellant interaction in electrothermal chemical guns. This includes plasma ablation, CFD, chemical models, plasma sheaths... lots of neat stuff. My research is pretty diverse.

I'm looking forward to being done and moving out of Ann Arbor. So is Liz.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hooray for Good News! I vote for whichever place is closest to VT, which I guess is the Maryland one.

Unknown said...

Aw, I miss you too!