Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hmmm

So at the top of this page there is a link from Blogger that lets you jump to other blogs, basically randomly. I looked at a couple and found that most blogs are pretentious, or maybe the bloggers are pretentious, or both. Probably both.

My blog is for people that know me in the real (non-cyber) world to keep up to date (if they care to) on what I'm up to. That and a place for me to complain and pretend people are listening. (Notice the preponderance of comic book posts. None of my Michigan friends, all 3 of them, read comics.)

I don't feel the need to write anything deep like "opinions are like post-its, and I'm labeling everything." No really, I just read that on a blog. I don't even think I know what that really means, and I have a masters degree.

Of course, you can't really blame bloggers for being pretentious and self-centered when CNN has a "Blog Watch" where they report on "top blogs" on the air, or the BBC injects blog quotes into their articles on the web.

This post wasn't too meaningful, was it? I'd hate to sound pretentious.

No comments: